ELMO MEMORIAL TROPHY
(Best Water Dog, Donated by Vin & Lynn Whiting)
The purpose of the Elmo Memorial Trophy is to give due recognition to, and encouragement of the Newfoundland in the art of water work, that is one who performs well in working tests.
Awarding the Trophy
The trophy is an annual points trophy and will be awarded to the dog gaining the most points, providing they satisfy the qualifying criteria.
Awarding of Points
Points will be awarded as follows :
|Section A Test||1 point|
|Section B Test||2 points|
|Section C Test||3 points|
|Section D Test||4 points|
|Section E Test||5 points|
Rules & Regulations
- Only members of the Northern Newfoundland Club are eligible to be considered for the trophy.
- Points will be counted annually between one AGM of the Northern Newfoundland Club to the next.
- Once counted, the Records Keeper will contact the owners of the 5 dogs with the most accrued points for that year. Should they wish to be entered for the trophy they will need to reply to the Records Keeper in writing by the second Saturday in November in order to qualify.
- Points may be gained at any or all certified tests at Northern Newfoundland Club events.
- A minimum of 3 points must be gained from water working tests.
- Where a dog has been entered in more than one Section in one day, only the points from the highest test passed that day will qualify for the trophy. eg: where a dog has entered B, C, D & E in one test weekend, passes B & E on one day and C & D on the other day only the points for E from the first day and D from the second day will count towards the trophy.
- The winner of the trophy will be announced and presented at the Northern Newfoundland Club Christmas Dinner, should you be unable to attend the dinner a nominee can be appointed to accept the trophy.
- The rules and regulations for awarding the Elmo Trophy are determined by the Northern Newfoundland Club Working Sub-Committee and may be amended at any time. Any such amendment will be published in the Northern Newfoundland Club news letter, NewfLetter and Website.